13 Habits of Southern Indiana Homes with Great Scents
There's something enchanting about stepping into a home with a delightful aroma that instantly captivates the senses.
In Southern Indiana, residents have mastered the art of creating homes that not only look inviting but also smell absolutely amazing. Join us as the McBride Real Estate Group unveils the 13 habits that Southern Indiana residents swear by to keep their homes smelling great all year round.
Also included are bonus tips to help improve your humble abode’s aroma!
13 Things Southern Indiana Residents do to keep their houses smelling great!
1) They never let trash cans overflow.
2) They never forget to deodorize sink drains.
3) They never forget to cleanup after pets.
4) They never forget about wet laundry in the washing machine and leave for too long.
5) They never forget to change kitchen or bath towels.
6) They never forget to clean the refrigerator.
7) They never let anyone smoke in their home
8) They never forget to take their shoes off when walking through the house.
9) They never close the washing machine door.
10) They never forget to open the windows.
11) They never forget to shampoo their carpets and rugs.
12) They never forget to sweep and mop the floors regularly.
13) They never forget to change their bedding weekly.
Other Ways to improve the aroma of your house:
Embrace the Power of Simmering Potpourri
-Simmer delightful mixtures of citrus peels, cinnamon, and cloves on the stove, infusing the air with a warm and inviting fragrance.
Invest in Quality Candles
-Choose candles made with natural ingredients for a long-lasting and pleasant aroma.
Dryer Sheet Magic
-Tucking scented dryer sheets in unexpected places, like linen closets or under couch cushions, is a clever trick to maintain a subtle and consistent fragrance throughout the home.
Create Herb Gardens Indoors
-Bringing the outdoors in, many Southern Indiana residents cultivate indoor herb gardens. This not only adds a touch of greenery but also releases refreshing scents like basil, mint, and lavender.
Essential Oils in Every Room
-Add essential oil diffusers in various rooms. Whether it's eucalyptus in the bathroom or lavender in the bedroom.
Mindful Cooking and Baking
-Cooking and baking with aromatic ingredients is a common practice.